Saturday, March 9, 2013

...And It's Smaller Than a Jet

Now, that I've had a few days to absorb the sight of this thing sitting in my yard I will reveal just what it is. But first, let me tell you I am very pleased and excited, and short of a more perfect word, perplexed. Yep, I believe that's the right word that suits how I'm feeling (according to dictionary.com).

And, my being perplexed is only due to how I will proceed with finishing the project of it all. When I think of how I plan on doing something I take as much or as little time as I need to figure things out in my head. My mind begins on a trip of ever-expanding avenues of thought to determine the best outcome for a project before the physical labor begins. Saves time. Doesn't necessarily save sanity though.

Okay, enough already. The one who made this thing happen, and who owns it, is my friend Sandra Vining. Much thanks to Delisle Excavating and crew along with the Bierlein crane, and Carl Albee for doing a wonderful job.









































8 comments:

  1. Wowee! You really have a caboose! Can't wait for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you come up next time we'll take a tour Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I can hardly wait to see it! They did all of that in one day?

    Now I understand what you meant when you told us about mud puddles! Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They prepped the ground one day by digging up the topsoil, put in a layer of sand, and lay the ties and rails. Then the next day they brought the caboose. Once all the equipment was in place they set the wheels and then the box. When you come up next time I will definitely take you through it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific!!!!! It's a perfect addition to the farm, I can't wait to go exploring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Mikki. I'm hoping to have a lot of the landscaping done by summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the crazy world of caboose owners! It is nice to see others who rescue these wonderful pieces of our past!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comment, caboose25251. When I think of a caboose I think of the lonely tail-end of a string of rail cars. It is even sadder to see one sitting by itself. They are definitely worth saving.

    ReplyDelete