Sunday, February 2, 2014

Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake

I'm learning how to make cheesecake. And it's actually an enjoyable experience. My friend Mary gave me a Cooks Illustrated Baking Book a couple of weeks ago, and while she was visiting I had the opportunity to make the Lemon Cheesecake from the recipe on page 342.  Mary loved it, but I wasn't thrilled even though the texture was consistent and there weren't any cracks. So, yesterday I tried my hand at the Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake on page 339. I was pleased with the result. It even tastes good.

Well, now I need to make another; have to keep accumulating knowledge. Maybe the New York Style Cheesecake.

Who said learning wasn't fun? Although, I hope the neighbors don't get tired of my baking.  I'd hate to run out of taste testers.


No comments:

Post a Comment